Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Cover Wars! U.S. vs. U.K.

They say (whoever "they" are) that you shouldn't judge a book by its cover. The sad thing is that we knew that we all do judge a book by its cover. But I reassure myself by saying that the whole "don't judge a book by its cover" thing is supposed to apply to people, not books. "They" just wanted to sound smart and witty by making it into a metaphorical command.

Today we'll compare a YA book cover from the U.S. and the same book with a different U.K. cover.

I'll tell you guys which cover I like better and why. Then you guys can tell me which cover you like better. :)

U.S. covers are on the left and U.K. covers are on the right. Okay, here we go!



Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver

Personally, I like the U.K. cover better. I like how the birds and field covey a sense of freedom. The U.S. version bugs me. It's a strange angle for a face shot, huh? (I just finished this book. Email me if you've read it. We must talk!)

Abandon by Meg Cabot
I honestly cannot choose a favorite out of these two. Both are just so lovely and gorgeous. This one's a tie. :/ I hope you guys can pick a favorite!












The Maze Runner by James Dashner

This one was a tough choice for me. I wound up going with the U.S. cover because of the post-apocoliptic vide the cover gave. The U.K. cover is super intense but I liked the crumbly/dying feeling the U.S. cover has.           








So what do you guys think? Which cover was your favorite?  

1 comment:

  1. I prefer the UK cover for all of them. I'm not just saying that because I'm from the UK (I promise!) The US covers for Pandemonium and Abandon are really nice too, but the UK covers look better to me. ;)

    ReplyDelete